Thursday, July 5, 2012

Gerber Daisy


I would say it’s been one of those days, but it hasn’t
I would say it’s been one of those weeks, but it hasn’t
I would say it’s been one of those months, but it hasn’t
It’s been one of those years.
A sorrowful one with tears
Today’s weather isn’t helping.
Rain was falling like boulders
It pounded and sounded like Satan had come forth
At the start of the year it was glorious
16 and beautiful
Long brown and blonde hair bounced across my small torso
Ever since my fair mother died, it’s been lonely
I’ve been lonely
I feel like I move shaky and slowly
My feet twist below me
And I feel that I can’t touch the floor.
I’m headed for nowhere.
Absent from school, I lay like a rug, melted to the floor
Mom used to decorate the house with Gerber Daises
A large garden surrounded our house
Mother flaunted her beautiful gardening skills
Maybe I shouldn’t have taken those pills
Fog
The floor rose up to meet my eyes
Was I even still standing?
There was a sense of weightlessness
Short of breath
Sweating bullets
Happier than ever
See you soon Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment